Wednesday, September 17, 2008

People I stalk online

Every time I'm online, I systematically hit up the same bunch of web pages (a habit which delicious and bloglines have revolutionized for me). I check for updates, I re read old updates, and sometimes I feel kinda like a stalker.

I feel especially like a stalker when it's someone's personal page, eg their blog. However, I don't feel bad or creepy. Stalking online is encouraged. We live in a world where you can stalk freely and anonymously. We can 'poke' strangers on face book, we can 'comment', 'add' and 'message' anyone we want. ANYONE. Basically, the Internet is just a big stalk-o-thon.

I embrace the future of technology, blogging and social networking (too a degree.. I still know how to pick up the phone). So here is a list of people and places I enjoy stalking online and why;




My sister Jen is a fine arts student at AUT in Auckland. Not only is she my BFF, she takes awesome photographs, does amazing work and has amazing insight into human emotion. I often head to her blog for inspiration or to cure homesickness.




This is the site I go to when i want to know what is up in the way of local music and gigs.It has the low down on all things musical and is a great resource.


Saunders is responsible for the spy section
in the Sunday Herald. Surprisingly, there is more to her blogs than juicy gossip. It can be funny, interesting and opinionated.



This is my favorite band...


This is one of my favorite online stores, I especially love the apartment section. They have specials and sales almost daily, so I always check back, just in case the grey couch which I will eventually own gets marked down...


This is where I go to read about international music, learn about new bands...


I like to know what's going on fashion, music and culture wise on a global scale.


One of my friends from high school...(lying) She's become really famous so I like checking back to see what she's up to. I can hear her talking in that UK accent even when she writes! I like reading her blog because she writes in an uncensored 'fuck the world' kind of way. I'm pretty sure her blog is under construction again, so check back soon.

I'm going to leave it there for now, I'm super tired.

2 comments:

Sim said...

That Tegan and Sara band aren't half bad. I shall search out some more stuff by them

Its true, online stalking is encourged, I mean why else would they invent hotlinks!?!?

(Found this blog randomly in search engine, not an actual stalker)

emma mayer said...

thanks for your comment, tegan and sarah are pretty rad. whats a hotlink?